Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The strangest item on my bucket list

The strangest item on my bucket list

The strangest item on my bucket list is in connection with my attraction to cold places, like Scandinavian countries. But this one is located even further. This place is called Longyearbyen and this is the world's northernmost settlement with more than 1000 inhabitants. It belongs to Norway and the tempereture there is very low most of the time, but in summer it can go up to 3 or even 7 degrees °C. It is surrounded by beautiful glaciers and mountains and it is also next to the sea so overall it has a beautiful landscape. In spite of the low tempereture, Longyearbyen is a tourist attraction. This place is among the recomendations on Norways touristic informational websites and many people visit it. Although I wouldn't live there, it seems fun to visit it.


Péter Kamondy

No comments:

Post a Comment